Melbourne, Canberra or Adelaide
Water and natural resource management is an increasingly complex task. Evolving stakeholder needs and community expectations, climate change, and increasing resource scarcity and variability are just some of the challenges faced by our clients. As a Consultant or Senior Consultant at Aither, you will work alongside some of Australia’s leading policy, economic and strategy advisors to help our clients navigate these challenges and deliver great outcomes.
We are experiencing growing demand for our strategy and performance services, and are seeking to increase the breadth and depth of our Strategy and Performance team to meet this demand.
Our Strategy and Performance team works collaboratively with our clients to develop clear, practical and compelling strategies and implementation plans to help them achieve their goals. We also deliver tailored approaches to monitoring, evaluation and reporting to help clients track their progress and demonstrate success. We draw on multiple perspectives and analytical approaches to explore issues or opportunities, identify appropriate responses, and evaluate progress.
About the roles
We have multiple roles available across our offices and are seeking candidates for a Consultant position (early career) and/or for a Senior Consultant position (3+ years’ experience). We are willing to invest in training the right candidate(s) who can help grow our business in the long term.
As a member of our Strategy and Performance team, your role will be to:
- apply your subject-matter knowledge and / or technical expertise effectively to high-quality analysis and strategic thinking
- assist and / or lead facilitation and engagement activities
- co-ordinate and / or manage projects
- communicate respectfully and constructively with stakeholders
- support and / or undertake well targeted business development activities
- operate with a high degree of autonomy.
The diverse and multi-disciplinary nature of our work means that the successful candidate(s) will have opportunities to work across all aspects of the business. The role(s) will also provide opportunities to travel and work with our interstate team and clients in various geographies.
We are seeking to fill full-time, permanent positions(s); however, part-time will be considered for the ideal candidate. As we have multiple roles and welcome applications from candidates with varied experience, we will negotiate a competitive package that is commensurate with your skills and experience.
The successful candidate(s) will be able to demonstrate the following experience and competencies:
- the ability to perform the role described above
- either have completed tertiary qualifications in one or more of the following areas:
- policy, strategy, evaluation, or similar
- public policy and administration
- natural resource management, environmental engineering, science or similar
- economics, commerce or law
- or have 3+ years of experience in the following areas:
- policy, strategy, evaluation or management consulting
- program or policy development and / or review in relation to water, environment or natural hazard management
- excellent writing and communication skills
- creativity and initiative in applying these skills to generate valuable advice for clients.
Applicants that demonstrate one or more of the following will be highly regarded:
- experience in consulting
- existing networks within relevant industry and government
- experience in project management and project delivery in high pressure environment.
Working at Aither
Our employees get the opportunity to help shape a growing business, and develop their careers while working with some of Australia’s leading water and environment advisors on a diverse range of problems. Aither offers a high-performing, flexible, team-orientated work environment, where staff are committed to treating one another with respect and courtesy.
As a certified B-Corporation we take pride in continually challenging ourselves to discover new ways of improving our interactions with the community, the environment, our employees and our clients. Aither is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer, and we are actively seeking to increase our workplace diversity.
If you are interested in working with some of Australia’s leading policy, economic and strategy advisors, in a flexible and collegiate working environment, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 5pm 21 August 2019.
Please ensure your cover letter articulates why you are interested in this role; how your skills and experience can contribute to the success of Aither; and, how working with us could foster your career.