Aither is a great place to work…
Aither exists to help governments and businesses make better decisions about globally significant issues.
We allow our clients to navigate uncertainty and complexity by providing clear, evidence-based analysis, insights and advice related to water, infrastructure, agriculture, natural hazards and the environment.
Combining economics, policy and strategy, our team of leading advisors help decision-makers to clarify their objectives, address the right problems and opportunities, and continuously improve.
The opportunity: Join Australia’s leading Water Markets Advisory Team
What we do:
Aither’s Water Markets Advisory Team is recognised nationally and internationally as market leaders in providing independent, high quality advice on Australia’s water markets.
We are regularly engaged by corporate agri-businesses, institutional investors, water funds and other market participants to help them make better decisions when participating in Australia’s water markets.
As a member of our Water Markets Advisory Team, you’ll have an opportunity to:
- Develop deep expertise about Australia’s water markets, including understanding the commercial and transaction drivers that matter.
- Play a central role in ensuring we provide high quality water markets insights and advice to our clients.
- Work alongside Australia’s leading water market advisors.
- Develop your analytical and programming skills that underpin our water markets insights and advice.
Your role will include:
- applying your analytical and consulting skills to a range of advisory projects, including our monthly water markets insights and valuations work.
- contributing to the management and development of Aither’s Water Market Trade Database, including ensuring data integrity and quality assurance.
- preparing the annual Aither Water Markets Report – our market leading review of water markets in the southern Murray-Darling Basin and outlook for the year ahead.
- working in a highly motivated team to deliver the best water markets advice to private sector clients, including irrigated agribusinesses and water investors.
Every year, our Water Markets Advisory Team prepares and releases the annual Aither Water Markets Report. Check out our reports here: Aither Water Markets Report.
About your practical experience
- Demonstrated 2-3 years work experience in a professional services environment focused on one of the following areas:
- data analysis and visualization
- financial advisory, valuations or investment / portfolio management
- management consulting
- Ability to problem-solve and think creatively.
- A track record of developing positive, productive and professional relationships with internal and external clients.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team .
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in a related discipline.
- Programming skills to manipulate, analyse, manage and present data in client-ready formats (ideally in Python).
- Working knowledge of water markets and / or other resource markets (e.g., energy markets).
What we look for:
We are willing to invest in training the right candidate who has strong interests in developing the water markets analytical skills that underpin our advice, and the desire to develop proficiency in Python which we use to manage Aither’s Water Markets Trade Database.
What’s most important is that you have a capacity to learn and a passion to become a skilled water markets analyst and advisor.
To thrive in this role, you’ll need intellectual curiosity and a high-level of attention to detail.
If you’ve got the right combination of consulting skills, analytical skills and communication skills, this role is for you.
We will negotiate an attractive package (including retirement and health insurance benefits, depending on where you live) that is commensurate with your skills and experience.
- Aither is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Aither is a flexible workplace that offers consulting opportunities on a full-time and part-time basis.
- We seek people who demonstrate an ability to work effectively with individuals with diverse backgrounds. We are committed to diversity and inclusion.
- To apply for a role at Aither in Australia you must have Australian Permanent Residency or right to work in Australia.
We are currently recruiting to increase the breadth and depth of our Water Markets Advisory Team in Australia. Our offices are located in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra and Adelaide, with potential for flexible work arrangements.
To apply for this role, please submit a copy of your cover letter (no more than 2 pages) and resume with your application, detailing why you are interested in the position.
Submissions for this role close 03-06-2022
For any queries, email [email protected]