Location: Canberra, Melbourne or Sydney
Aither’s vision is to inspire and enable positive change in the management of water and natural resources. To achieve this, we have built a team of leading economic, public policy and strategic advisors that provide advice on water markets, policy, infrastructure and natural hazards.
Our employees get the opportunity to help shape a growing business, working alongside some of Australia’s leading water management advisors on a diverse range of problems. Aither offers a high-performance, flexible, team-oriented work environment where staff are committed to treating one another with respect and courtesy.
As a certified B-Corporation, we take pride in continually challenging ourselves to discover new ways of improving our interactions with the community, the environment, our employees and our clients. Aither is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer, and we are actively seeking to increase our workplace diversity.
About our Water Markets Team
Aither’s Water Markets Team is recognised nationally and internationally as market leaders in providing independent, high quality, commercial advice on Australia’s water markets. In recognition of our expertise and commitment, Aither received the Australian Water Association Research Innovation Award (Victoria) for the development of our freely available, annual Aither Water Markets Report.
We have a reputation for understanding not only commercial and transaction drivers but also the political and policy landscape. We advise a range of Australian and international water market participants, as well as government authorities, and have experienced significant growth in our work and client base in recent years as Australia’s water markets have matured.
About the role
Due to growth in demand for our services, we are seeking to increase the breadth and depth of our team and therefore would welcome applications from candidates with at least five years working experience. We are willing to invest in training the right candidate who can help grow our business in the long term.
Your role within our Water Markets Team will include a mix of:
- applying your subject-matter knowledge and / or technical expertise effectively to deliver high-quality analysis and strategic thinking
- undertaking detailed quantitative and qualitative water market analysis and preparing written commercial, strategic and policy advice and recommendations to private and public sector clients
- managing a range of projects with water market clients (corporate agribusinesses, investors, banks and other market participants, including governments)
- managing Aither’s water market trade database that underpins our water market analysis and insights, including ensuring data integrity and quality assurance
- supporting and / or undertaking well-targeted business development activities
- working in a small, motivated team to meet client needs and deadlines
The successful candidate will have at least five years’ experience working in one or more of the following areas, which are listed in no particular order:
- Water markets
- Management consulting
- Agricultural economics, agribusiness
- Financial advisory, valuations or investment / portfolio management
- Applied quantitative economic skills to inform policy issues in our key areas of work.
As a successful candidate you will have completed university level training in one of the following:
- Economics, commerce, or finance
- Statistics or similar quantitative-based degree
- Agribusiness or natural resource management.
Applications that demonstrate the following will be highly regarded:
- A combination of experience and skills in a number of the areas listed above
- Experience in management consulting
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Programming skills to manipulate, analyse, manage and present data in client-ready formats (Python preferred)
- Excellent financial modelling skills
- Project management skills and experience
- A high level of attention to detail
We will negotiate an attractive package that is commensurate with your skills and experience.
If you are interested in working with some of Australia’s leading water market practitioners in a flexible and collegiate working environment, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 June 2020.
Please ensure your cover letter articulates why you are interested in this role and how your qualifications, professional skills and personal attributes can contribute to the success of Aither and how working with us could foster your career.