Aither is a great place to work…
Aither is Australia’s leading team of economic, strategy and policy advisors specialising in water, infrastructure, natural hazards, and the environment with an international footprint.
We are a values-based organisation whose purpose is to address globally significant issues. For over 10 years we have been helping governments and businesses make better decisions. Our work reflects our optimism and ambition for a better future.
We pride ourselves on working collaboratively to achieve practical and boutique outcomes for our clients. No two Aither projects look the same. From the get-go, you can expect to work directly with clients and other Aither staff to solve some of Australia’s most pressing challenges.
About the opportunity
As a Senior Consultant, you will be asked to manage and deliver projects and drive thought leadership in your areas of expertise.
You have experience, and an appetite, to grow our business through excellence in client service and your existing relationships and network.
You will take ownership over project delivery, including in the design and structure of rigorous and original solutions for our clients.
This role also provides the opportunity to mentor and coach consultants to support their ongoing growth and development.
As a certified B-Corporation we seek to increase our positive impact and challenge ourselves to discover new ways of improving our interactions with the community, the environment, our employees and our clients. Aither is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer, and we are actively seeking to increase our workplace diversity.
- Intellectually motivated and academically accomplished
- Passionate about working on globally significant issues to create positive outcomes
- Thrive in an outcome-driven environment that values diversity and creativity
- A collaborator – you bring energy and enthusiasm for working with others throughout project delivery
- Initiative – you manage your time effectively and communicate actively
- Enthusiastic and interested in working across our consulting areas
About your practical experience
- Demonstrated 3+ years work experience in a professional services environment focused on one of the following areas:
- developing strategies and plans
- supporting strategy implementation
- preparing practical approaches to performance measurement and evaluation, and
- undertaking robust and insightful evaluations and reviews
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in a related discipline, preferably with training in strategy and evaluation
- Well honed core consulting skills in proposal preparation and defining and managing projects
- Ability to translate analysis into clear and practical advice (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated experience in one or both of the following:
- exploring trends, issues and opportunities while working with clients and key stakeholders to establish a preferred strategic direction
- preparing performance (e.g. MERI) frameworks for different program/organisation scales and complexity, including planning and undertaking evaluations
- Ability to problem-solve and think creatively
- Ability to establish rapport with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Aither is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Aither is a flexible workplace that offers consulting opportunities on a full-time and part-time basis.
- We seek people who demonstrate an ability to work effectively with individuals with diverse backgrounds. We are committed to diversity and inclusion.
- To apply for a role at Aither in Australia you must have Australian Permanent Residency or right to work in Australia.
We are currently recruiting to expand our rapidly growing team of consultants within Australia. Our offices are located in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra and Adelaide, with potential for flexible work arrangements.
To apply for this role, please email a copy of your cover letter and resume with your application, detailing why you are interested in the position to email@example.com.
Please note due to volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Submissions for this role close 05-11-2021
For any queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org