Aither is a great place to work…
Aither is Australia’s leading team of economic, strategy and policy advisors specialising in water, infrastructure, natural hazards, and the environment with an international footprint.
We are a values-based organisation whose purpose is to address globally significant issues. For over 10 years we have been helping governments and businesses make better decisions. Our work reflects our optimism and ambition for a better future.
We pride ourselves on working collaboratively to achieve practical and boutique outcomes for our clients. No two Aither projects look the same. From the get-go, you can expect to work directly with clients and other Aither staff to solve some of Australia’s most pressing challenges.
About the opportunity
As a Senior Consultant, you will be asked to manage and deliver projects and drive thought leadership in your areas of expertise.
You have experience, and an appetite, to grow our business through excellence in client service and your existing relationships and network.
You will take ownership over project delivery, including in the design and structure of rigorous and original solutions for our clients.
This role also provides the opportunity to mentor and coach consultants to support their ongoing growth and development.
- Intellectually motivated and academically accomplished
- Passionate about working on globally significant issues to create positive outcomes
- Thrive in an outcome-driven environment that values diversity and creativity
- A collaborator -you bring energy and enthusiasm for working with others throughout project delivery
- Initiative -you manage your time effectively and communicate actively
- Enthusiastic and interested in working across our consulting areas
About your practical experience:
- Demonstrated experience, preferably in a professional services environment focused on applied micro-economics
- Demonstrated understanding of core pricing and regulatory economics concepts preferably in the water sector (other regulated/natural monopoly sectors will be considered however a passion to commit to water is essential)
- Excellent project management skills, preferably in a consulting context, including the ability to manage and deliver, to a high standard, multiple complex projects simultaneously in client facing roles
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in economics or a closely related discipline
- Ability to translate analysis into clear and practical advice (written and verbal)
- Experience applying economic frameworks, and communicating to non-economist audiences
- Experience building financial and economic models in Excel (other software is a bonus, especially python)
- Comfortable manipulating, analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data
- Ability to problem-solve and think creatively
- Ability to establish rapport with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A team-first mindset approach with the ability to work independently where required
- Aither is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Aither is a flexible workplace that offers consulting opportunities on a full-time and part-time basis.
- We seek people who demonstrate an ability to work effectively with individuals with diverse backgrounds. We are committed to diversity and inclusion.
- To apply for a role at Aither in Australia you must have Australian Permanent Residency or right to work in Australia.
We are currently recruiting to expand our rapidly growing team of consultants within Australia. Our offices are located inMelbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra and Adelaide, with potential for flexible work arrangements.
To apply for this role, please submit a copy of your cover letter (no more than 2 pages) and resume with your application, detailing why you are interested in the position.
Submissions for this role close 03-06-2022
For any queries, email [email protected]