Full-time position – Canberra
Aither is a leading advisory firm providing services in economics, policy, strategy and performance, with a vision to inspire and enable positive change in the management of water and natural resources.
We are passionate about what we do and motivated by addressing complex and challenging problems. We strive to help our clients make decisions that meet their needs and enable better outcomes for water and natural resources, and the individuals, industries and communities who depend on them.
We are experiencing growing demand for our services and are seeking to increase the breadth and depth of our Canberra team to meet this demand. This is a great opportunity to work with Australia’s leading independent water and natural resource management advisory team and be a part of an open, respectful and high-performing culture.
About the role
We are seeking candidates at a Consultant (early career) or Senior Consultant position (3+ years’ experience) level. We invest in training the right candidates to help grow our business in the long term.
As a consultant / senior consultant, your role will be to:
- undertake research, policy analysis and prepare high-quality written advice and recommendations to government clients
- demonstrate a willingness and enthusiasm to undertake new, varying and challenging tasks
- co-ordinate and/or manage projects
- communicate respectfully and constructively internally and with stakeholders
- represent Aither at external forums and events
- support and/or undertake well-targeted business development activities
- operate with a high degree of autonomy.
The diverse and multi-disciplinary nature of our work means that the successful candidate will have opportunities to work across all aspects of the business. The role will also provide opportunities to travel and work with our interstate team and clients in various locations.
We are seeking to fill a full-time, permanent position, however, part-time will be considered for the ideal candidate. We welcome applications from candidates with varied experience, we will negotiate a competitive package that is commensurate with your skills and experience.
You will be able to demonstrate the following experience and competencies:
- the ability to perform the role described above
- have completed tertiary qualifications in one or more of the following areas:
- public policy and administration
- natural resource management, environmental engineering, science or similar
- economics, commerce or law
- excellent writing and communication skills
- creativity and initiative in applying these skills to generate valuable advice for clients.
Applicants that demonstrate one or more of the following will be highly regarded:
- experience in consulting
- experience in policy analysis or development in the water and natural resource sectors
Working at Aither
Our employees get the opportunity to help shape a growing business and develop their careers while working with some of Australia’s leading water and environment advisors on a diverse range of problems. Aither offers a high-performing, flexible, team-orientated work environment, where staff are committed to treating one another with courtesy and respect.
As a certified B-Corporation, we take pride in continually challenging ourselves to discover new ways of improving our interactions with the community, the environment, our employees and our clients. Aither is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer, and we are actively seeking to increase our workplace diversity.
If you are interested in working with some of Australia’s leading policy, economic and strategy advisors, in a flexible and collegiate working environment, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 5pm 11 September 2019.
Please ensure your cover letter articulates why you are interested in this role; how your skills and experience can contribute to the success of Aither; and, how working with us could foster your career.